I'm using a Samsung Moment and a Windows XP PC, and, until the recent upgrade, everything worked great. Now, however, my phone won't show up on the Devices of Doubletwist via USB, in spite of the fact that is shows up on the computer just fine, and works great with other USB-connected apps.
The problem is that I am not in possession of any wireless anything, so using Airsync is not an option. It worked beautifully before the recent update, and now Doubletwist just doesn't find the phone. (The computer sees the phone just fine, though, and I am able to use other apps via USB with no problem.)
How do I get it to work again?
sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Can you verify that the phone is properly mounted on your computer?
Once you connect your phone over USB to your computer, did you also choose "USB Mass Storage" found in the top status bar menu under "USB Connection"?
USB Mass Storage mode is necessary for your SD card to be mounted to your computer. This way, doubleTwist can recognize your phone and the media stored on it.
When you mount your Device, can you please check the following:
* For windows: open "My Computer" and verify that your phone storage is listed as a drive.
* For Mac: look at you desktop and verify that you phone storage shows up as an icon there.
I am having the same problem with an Archos 70. The device shows up as a drive on my computer. USB storage is mounted, but nothing shows up in doubletwist on my tablet OR on my desktop computer.
I have also tried AirSync, and it won't recognize the device that way either, even when I try to scan the network or do manual setup on the network.
Can you please follow the steps below that might solve your problem:
1. Make sure you have the latest doubleTwist desktop app.
2. Launch doubleTwist desktop by holding down Shift key (this will enable Debug menu)
3. Make sure Desktop and device are on the same network
4. On your device go into Settings > AirSync
5. Make sure AirSync is enabled
6. Select "Can't see your device?" (Did your device show up in the desktop?)
7. Try disabling/enabling AirSync
8. Try changing passcode on device
9. If all of that does not work: In the desktop right click on "Devices" and select "Add AirSync device"
10. Enter device IP (you can find device IP by clicking on “What’s my IP address?” in the AirSync settings”)
11. If your device still does not show up: On the desktop please click on Debug menu and select "Send log to doubleTwist..."
12. Please include the URL of this issue so we know where it came from